Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Kiddos, Google Drive and Access


Missing my sweet kiddos, but I am enjoying learning lots and lots of new information!  While I am away, my sweet husband is painting Allie’s and Garrison’s rooms.  I am a bit anxious to see his handy work complete. Can you guess the colors??? Pink and Orange! Eeek!  

"Picasso and Rembrandt" hard at work! Can you tell mommy's not home by the look of Allie's hair??? ;) 

Day 2 of 5 was packed with great information.  We learned about Google Drive and it is life changing
What an amazing way to collaborate with others in real time on multiple devices.  I am just learning about all of the features, so any tips would be great! We are using it to create our presentation, and I am impressed!  

Also, as a lover of Mail Merge (using Excel and Word), I was excited/hesitant to learn about Microsoft Access.  Really what could this technology do that Excel can’t?  Well, I am sold that the features are quite beneficial and hope to learn more about it soon.  However, thinking about it…one feature I really liked was for surveys and such and can I not just use the forms in Google Drive for that???  Hmmm…maybe I should take one technology at a time…  
Do you have any advice or favorite lesson ideas for Access or Google Drive???  Please share! 
Happy learning!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I adore Google Drive. I use is with my colleagues all of the time. I'm starting to prefer Google apps over wikis, etc. Hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete